Dr.Web Mail Gateway is a comprehensive modular solution that processes and filters incoming and outgoing traffic of servers under Unix-like systems (Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris(x86)).
Dr.Web Mail Gateway processes incoming mail prior to its receipt by a mail server and therefore has a wider set of features compared with Dr.Web for Unix mail servers.
Dr.Web Mail Gateway can be installed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ) or integrated with an existing mail system.
The product provides a full scan of SMTP/LMTP traffic. Using corresponding plugins Dr.Web Mail Gateway can check messages for viruses, filter out spam and other unsolicited e-mails.
With corresponding plugins loaded and dependent on the license you choose (Anti-virus or Anti-Virus&Anti-Spam) Dr.Web Mail Gateway can perform the following tasks:
- scan messages for malware
- filter out unwanted e-mails
- archive all incoming messages
- use black and white filtering lists
- modify processed messages in accordance with established policies
- parse e-mails to break them into components for further analysis
- process correctly most known types of archives including self-extracting archives
- send scan reports at recipient addresses as well as at other specified addresses
- keep statistics regarding operation of the system
- protect its own modules from failures
- cure or remove malware of different types
- unlimited number of loaded plugins
Since no connection to an external database or server is required for operation of the filter, solution's traffic remains low.